>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Radiologic Technologist Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search ALL 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- See ALL Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Clinical Imaging: An Atlas of Differential Diagnosis
||RC 78.7 .D53 E36 2010
|Merrill's atlas of radiographic positioning & procedures
||RC78.4 .F72 2007 3 vols.
|Practical Radiographic Imaging
|| RC 78 .C356 2007
|The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
||RM127 .M4 2011
|Radiology of Syndromes, Metabolic Disorders, and Skeletal Dysplasias
||RC 78 .T25 2007
|Radiographic Imaging and Exposure
||RC 78 .F33 2013
|Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy
||RC 78.4 .B66 2010
Example Subject Headings: radiography, tomography, radiation therapy, etc.
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
Back to Top
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists: http://www.arrt.org
American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology: http://www.astro.org
American Society of Radiologic Technologists: http://www.asrt.org
Annual radiation dose calculator: http://newnet.lanl.gov/info/dosecalc.asp
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology: http://www.jrcert.org
LUMEN: Structure of the Human Body (Loyola University Medical Education Network): http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/grossanatomy/ga.html
Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy: http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/home.jsp
Online journal from the Radiological Society of North America:
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists: http://scsrt.org
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us using the form on our homepage (http://library.sccsc.edu) and we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Normal Reference Desk Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am - 9pm, Fri 7:30am - 1:30pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Reference Desk Phone Number: Main-Spartanburg Campus (864) 592-4654, Cherokee Campus (864) 206-2656, Tyger River Campus (864) 592-6220
Back to Top