>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Nursing Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- EBSCO Health Databases (EBSCO)
- Search ALL 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include:
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition has scholarly full text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily
- CINAHL has full text for nursing & allied health journals.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition has full text, consumer health magazines.
- MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine.
- Health Reference Center Academic (Gale)
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health Source
- This database offers reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection (GALE)
- Nearly 400 titles, this collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Nursing Resource Center (GALE)
- Disease and drug overviews, care plans, relevant journal results and animated anatomy and physiology diagrams to complement the core encyclopedia texts.
- See ALL Health Science Databases
Back to Top
Recommended Reference Books
|Cultural Diversity in Health and Illness
||RA 418.5 .T73 S64 2009
|Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics
||RJ50 .C976 2011
|Diseases: A Nursing Process Approach to Excellent Care
||RC 55 .D558 2006
|Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
||RC 41 .G35 2006 5 vols.
|Magill's Medical Guide
||RC 41 .M34 2011 6 vols.
|The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
||RC55 .M4 2011
|Nursing Care Plans
|| RT 49 .D64 2010
|Nurse Educators 2006
||RT 179 .N86 2006
|Nursing 2010 Drug Handbook
||RM125 .N8 2010
|PDR Nurse's Drug Handbook
||RM 125 .S668 2009
Shelf Locations (Library of Congress)
- RC - Diseases
- RG - Obstetrics
- RJ - Pediatrics
- RT - Care Plans
Suggested Subject Search Terms:
- nursing care plans
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
Back to Top
General Health Websites:
MEDLINEplus: Easy-to-understand resource on various diseases and health
topics for the public. Includes information from MEDLINE, links to self-help
groups, health organizations, medical dictionaries, and clinical trials,
American Nurses Association: http://www.nursingworld.org.
Nursing World: Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, http://www.nursingworld.org/ojin/.
Nursing Center.Com: http://www.nursingcenter.com.
National League for Nursing: http://www.nln.org.
South Carolina Board of Nursing: (Part of South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation), http://www.llr.state.sc.us/pol/nursing.
Transcultural Nursing Society: http://www.tcns.org.
Diversity Rx: http://www.diversityrx.org/html/divrx.htm.
Back to Top
Find Citation Help (APA)...
APA at SCC
Other APA Sites
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us using the form on our homepage (http://library.sccsc.edu) and we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Normal Reference Desk Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am - 9pm, Fri 7:30am - 1:30pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Reference Desk Phone Number: Main-Spartanburg Campus (864) 592-4654, Cherokee Campus (864) 206-2656, Tyger River Campus (864) 592-6220
Back to Top