>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: CHM 100 - Article Summary
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
OFF CAMPUS ACCESS: username is
your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
- Click on "Chemistry" under the "Subject Index" on the left side of the page.
- Then select a subject of your choice from the list of Chemstry Subjects.
- Then pick an article from the list that appears that interests you.
- NOTE: the articles are listed in reverse chronological order, so make sure you note the date of the article out to the side, to make sure that it falls within your assignment's restraints.
- Check the length of the article to make sure that it fits within your assignments restraints:
- Open the article
- Click the print button at the top of the article, under the title.
- When the print box appears, CANCEL the print.
- Then go to "File" on your brownser menu, and click "Print Preview."
- This will let you estimate how many pages of text your article has -- ask your instructor for how much text your article needs to have (different instructors have different limits).
- Then, if appropriate, you can click the "Print" button in the top-left corner, or close the window to go back to the article to continue searching.
- Don't forget to get your source citation from the bottom of the article!
MLA Citation - Today's Science
Coleman, Elisheva. "Duck Love Spirals Out of Control." Today's Science. Facts on File, May 2011. Web. 7 July 2011.
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us using the form on our homepage (http://library.sccsc.edu) and we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Normal Reference Desk Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am - 9pm, Fri 7:30am - 1:30pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Reference Desk Phone Number: Main-Spartanburg Campus (864) 592-4654, Cherokee Campus (864) 206-2656, Tyger River Campus (864) 592-6220
Back to Top