>> Library Homepage >> Back to Subject List
Online Streaming Videos - Databases
Films on Demand
- Educational videos available via streaming to anywhere (off-campus must
Topics cover general academic areas, as well as health science, industrial, and
business/technology related topics. If you experience any problems, please call the library at 592-4654.
- Videos available from our Credo database. Includes Ask Harvard Medical School Video Series, Food and Cooking from QA International, Masterworks (art history), National Geographic Video Collection, as well as others covering sciences, medical, and political science topics.
- Videos - Bloom's Literature (Infobase) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Videos in our Bloom's database of dramatic productions of literary works, as well as documentaries,
interviews, commentary from Harold Bloom, and other educational
- 20th Century Historical Videos (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Historical primary source videos ranging from 1-9 minutes in length. Videos
must be downloaded to view on your computer; use
Windows Media Player to play videos. Content is from the
Video Encyclopedia of the 20th Century in our History Reference Center database. Coverage of the most significant people, events, and issues responsible for shaping the years 1893-1990. Notable topics include the industrial age, the Great Depression, the women's rights movement, the Holocaust, world leaders, the Kennedy years, the civil rights movement, technology and innovation, the space program, the Cold War, apartheid, pop culture, and more.
Instructions on embedding videos in D2L, creating links to videos, as well as a direct search links for each streaming video collection.
Back to Subject List
*Dual Enrollment Access: The dual enrollment links on this page provide access to SCC Library's databases to dual enrolled students at their high school location. Dual enrolled students will need to contact the SCC Library for access information (including username and password). Because off-campus access to these databases is limited to enrolled students, please have your SCC ID card or similar proof of enrollment available when you contact the library. If you have any questions, please contact the library.
is a service of the South Carolina
State Library and is funded by an appropriation from the
South Carolina General Assembly through the
K-12 School Technology Initiative, and the
U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © 2014, DISCUS - Your Information Place
Statewide Electronic Library for Higher Education is coordinated by
PASCAL, its Members and
other partners. Funding is provided by the
South Carolina General Assembly,
PASCAL member libraries, and grants.
© 2014 Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries