>> Library Homepage >> Back to Subject List
Online Books & Encyclopedia Databases
Collection (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Collection of over 120,000 full-text books online.
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Credo Reference
- Articles from almost 600 reference books, covering various subjects.
Gale Virtual Reference Library (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Contains reference books covering many subjects, but primarily in areas of literature and social science (including history), and also some in health and science.
- Bloom's Literature (Infobase) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Literature analysis and writings, by Harold Bloom as well as other critics. Features author
biographies, overviews, synopses, analyses and literary criticism of thousands
of works from novels to poetry to plays, video segments, in-depth full-text
entries on literary topics and themes and a literary timeline. Also includes
some interviews and videos related to literature.
Scholarship Online - Psychology Books
- Over 300 Psychology eBook titles. Scroll down page to view list of titles for SCC. Select book from list, then use "search within book" search box to search for content within the book.
- Britannica Academic
- Encyclopedia Britannica online. Over 122,000 articles, updated world atlas,
thousand of images and videos, an online dictionary and thesaurus.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
Back to Subject List
*Dual Enrollment Access: The dual enrollment links on this page provide access to SCC Library's databases to dual enrolled students at their high school location. Dual enrolled students will need to contact the SCC Library for access information (including username and password). Because off-campus access to these databases is limited to enrolled students, please have your SCC ID card or similar proof of enrollment available when you contact the library. If you have any questions, please contact the library.
is a service of the South Carolina
State Library and is funded by an appropriation from the
South Carolina General Assembly through the
K-12 School Technology Initiative, and the
U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © 2014, DISCUS - Your Information Place
Statewide Electronic Library for Higher Education is coordinated by
PASCAL, its Members and
other partners. Funding is provided by the
South Carolina General Assembly,
PASCAL member libraries, and grants.
© 2014 Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries