>> Library Homepage >> Back to Subject List
Literature (Criticism / English) Databases
- Literature Resource Center (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Full-text journal articles, literary criticism, reviews, biographical
information, and overviews on over 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all
time periods and from around the world.
- EBSCO Literature Databases (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Search 2 EBSCO literary databases at once: Literary Reference Center and Academic Search Premier.
- Bloom's Literature (Infobase) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Writings of Harold Bloom as well as other critics. Features author
biographies, overviews, synopses, analyses and literary criticism of thousands
of works from novels to poetry to plays, video segments, in-depth full-text
entries on literary topics and themes and a literary timeline.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library [Online Books] (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Contains the Gale For Students Series Online, including Short
Stories for Students, Drama For Students, Poetry For Students,
Novels for Students, Epics for Students and Shakespeare for Students.
- Literature Criticism Online
- Contains the books Shakespearean Criticism, Poetry Criticism, Drama Criticism, and Short Story Criticism
- eBook Collection [Online Books] (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Collection of over 120,000 full-text books online.
- --Includes reference sets Critical Insights Authors: Gwendolyn Brooks, Emily Dickinson, T.S. Eliot, Robert Frost, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ernest Hemingway, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams
Critical Insights Works: Canterbury Tales, Death of a Salesman, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Poetry of Poe, Streetcar Named Desire, Tales of Poe, Things Fall Apart
Critical Surveys: Long Fiction, American Poets, British, Irish & Commonwealth Poets, European Poets, World Poets, Poetry Cumulative Indexes, Poetry Topical Essays
Back to Subject List
*Dual Enrollment Access: The dual enrollment links on this page provide access to SCC Library's databases to dual enrolled students at their high school location. Dual enrolled students will need to contact the SCC Library for access information (including username and password). Because off-campus access to these databases is limited to enrolled students, please have your SCC ID card or similar proof of enrollment available when you contact the library. If you have any questions, please contact the library.
is a service of the South Carolina
State Library and is funded by an appropriation from the
South Carolina General Assembly through the
K-12 School Technology Initiative, and the
U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © 2014, DISCUS - Your Information Place
Statewide Electronic Library for Higher Education is coordinated by
PASCAL, its Members and
other partners. Funding is provided by the
South Carolina General Assembly,
PASCAL member libraries, and grants.
© 2014 Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries