>> Library Homepage >> Back to Subject List
Health Science Databases
- Health Reference Center Academic (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Full text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of
personal health information sources.
- EBSCO Health Databases (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Lots of full text health journals. Search ALL 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health
Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer
- Ovid Nursing Journals
- This database contains 5 current, peer-reviewed journals in the field of nursing: American Journal of Nursing,
Home Healthcare Nurse, Nursing Critical Care, Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, and
- CINAHL (EBSCO) (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Full text for nursing & allied health journals.
- Consumer Health Complete (EBSCO) (EBSCO) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full-text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, men & women's health, etc.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Nearly 400 titles, this collection's current and authoritative content will
be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students
pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Nursing Resource Center (Gale) [Dual Enrollment Access*]
- Disease and drug overviews, care plans, relevant journal results and
animated anatomy and physiology diagrams to complement the core encyclopedia
Health Science Reference Resources
- Anatomy and Physiology resources.
- Magill's Medical Guide; Psychology and Mental Health Online.
- Collection of over 120,000 full-text books online.
Back to Subject List
*Dual Enrollment Access: The dual enrollment links on this page provide access to SCC Library's databases to dual enrolled students at their high school location. Dual enrolled students will need to contact the SCC Library for access information (including username and password). Because off-campus access to these databases is limited to enrolled students, please have your SCC ID card or similar proof of enrollment available when you contact the library. If you have any questions, please contact the library.
is a service of the South Carolina
State Library and is funded by an appropriation from the
South Carolina General Assembly through the
K-12 School Technology Initiative, and the
U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © 2014, DISCUS - Your Information Place
Statewide Electronic Library for Higher Education is coordinated by
PASCAL, its Members and
other partners. Funding is provided by the
South Carolina General Assembly,
PASCAL member libraries, and grants.
© 2014 Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries