>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: General Nutrition & Diet Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
EBSCO Science Databases
- Search 3 databases at once! Science Reference Center, GreenFile, and
Applied Science & Technology Full Text.
Gale Science in Context
- Articles from over 200 magazines and academic journals and links to quality
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- A good place to search for almost any topic - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results)
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File).
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.) Collection.
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
Back to Top
|American Dietetic Association complete food and nutrition guide
||RA784 .D89 2012
|Nutrition for health and health care
||QP143 .D43 2014
|The 50 healthiest habits and lifestyle changes
||RA427.8 .G654 2016
|The diabetes reset: avoid it, control it, even reverse it : a doctor's scientific program
||RC662.18 .K56 2014
|The case against sugar
||RM237.85 .T38 2016
|Oxford handbook of nutrition and dietetics
|Nutrition and development : Short and long term consequences for health
Example Subject Headings: nutrition, diet therapy, food habits
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has over 100,000 members, who are registered dietitians, nutritionists and other nutrition specialists who are committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education, and advocacy, http://www.eatright.org.
International Conferation of Dietetic Associations (ICDA): The International Confederation of Dietetic Associations (ICDA) is an organization of national associations of Dietitians-Nutritionists. With a national dietetics association Member in about 50 countries, ICDA is widely recognized as the international organization for dietetics professionals. The national associations that belong to ICDA represent well over 200,000 Dietitians-Nutritionists around the world, http://www.internationaldietetics.org.
Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: The Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the premier source for the practice and science of food, nutrition, and dietetics. The monthly, peer-reviewed journal presents original articles prepared by scholars and practitioners, http://jandonline.org/.
Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics: Official journal of the British Dietetic Association, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-277X.
Nutrition.gov: Nutrition.gov is a USDA-sponsored website that offers credible information to help you make healthful eating choices, http://www.nutrition.gov.
American Society for Nutrition: The American Society for Nutrition brings together the world's top researchers, clinical nutritionists and industry to advance the knowledge and application of nutrition, https://nutrition.org/.
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top