>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Respiratory Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- See all Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine
||RC731 .T48 2016
|Physician's Desk Reference
||RS75 .P5 2015
|Equipment theory for respiratory care
||RC735 .I5 W48 2015
|Mosby's Respiratory Care Equipment
||RC735 .I5 R4728 2014
|RRT exam secrets study guide : your key to exam success
||RC735 .I5 R78 2012
|Clinical manifestations and assessment of respiratory disease
||RC735 .I5 C466 2016
Example Subject Headings: respiratory therapy
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- eBrary (Proquest)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) -- completely electronic
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
American Association for Respiratory Care: http://www.aarc.org/
American Lung Association: Data and fact sheets on asthma, air quality, tobacco control, http://www.lungusa.org
American Thoracic Society, the medical section of the American Lung Association: http://www.thoracic.org
NCHPEG: National Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics: http://www.nchpeg.org
Gene Clinics: Medical genetics information resource, http://www.geneclinics.org
National Newborn Screening & Genetics Resource Center: http://genes-r-us.uthscsa.edu/resources/genetics/primary_care.htm
Genetics & Your Practice: Medical genetics education, http://www.marchofdimes.com/gyponline/index.bm2
VentWorld: Case studies, http://ventworld.com/education/education.asp
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top