>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Radiologic Technologist Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- See all Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures
||RC78.4 .F72 2016 3 vols.
|Radiography in the Digital Age: Physics, Exposure, Radiation
|| RC 78.7 .D53 2011
|Radiographic Imaging and Exposure
||RC 78 .F33 2013
|Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy
||RC 78.4 .B66 2014
|Breast imaging companion
||RC280 .B8 C366 2017
|Sectional anatomy by MRI and CT
||QM25 .E38 2017
|Computed tomography : physical principles, clinical
applications, and quality control
||RC78.7 .T6 S36 2016
|Comprehensive radiographic pathology
||RC78 .E533 2016
|Essentials of radiographic physics and imaging
||RC78.7 .D53 J63 2016
|Fundamentals of sectional anatomy : an imaging approach
||QM25 .L39 2015
|Handbook of interventional radiologic procedures
||RD33.55 .H36 2016
|Learning radiology : recognizing the basics
||R899 .H472 2016
|Patient care in radiography
||RC78 .E48 2017
|Introduction to radiologic & imaging sciences & patient care
||R898 .I565 2016
|Ultrasound : the requisites
||RC78.7 .U4 M53 2016
|Diagnostic imaging: Nuclear medicine
||RC78.7 .D53 D5282 2007
|Lange Q&A radiography examination
||RC78.15 .S25 2016
|Radiography prep: program reviw and exam prep
||RC78.15 .S255 2015
|Mosby's comprehensive review of radiography
||RC78.17 .C35 2017
Example Subject Headings: radiography, tomography, radiation therapy, etc.
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- eBrary (Proquest)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) -- completely electronic
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists: http://www.arrt.org
American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology: http://www.astro.org
American Society of Radiologic Technologists: http://www.asrt.org
Annual radiation dose calculator: http://environweb.lanl.gov/newnet/info/dosecalc.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology: http://www.jrcert.org
LUMEN: Structure of the Human Body (Loyola University Medical Education Network): http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/grossanatomy/ga.html
Radiological Society of North America:
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists: http://scsrt.org
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top