>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Nursing Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- EBSCO Health Databases (EBSCO)
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include:
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition has scholarly full text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily
- CINAHL has full text for nursing & allied health journals.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition has full text, consumer health magazines.
- MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine.
Ovid Nursing Journals
- This database 5 current, peer-reviewed journals in the field of nursing: American Journal of Nursing,
Home Healthcare Nurse, Nursing Critical Care, Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, and
- Health Reference Center Academic (Gale)
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection (GALE)
- Nearly 400 titles, this collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Nursing Resource Center (GALE)
- Disease and drug overviews, care plans, relevant journal results and animated anatomy and physiology diagrams to complement the core encyclopedia texts.
- See ALL Health Science Databases
Back to Top
|Saunders nursing drug handbook 2018
||RM125 .H572 2016
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
View 2015 ed. 9 vols.
|Davis essential nursing content: maternal-newborn
||RG951 .W45 2017
|Nursing procedures made incredibly easy!
||RT51 .N874 2016
|Pearson nursing diagnosis handbook : NANDA-I diagnoses, NIC
interventions, NOC outcomes
||RT49 .W54 2016
|Health & physical assessment in nursing
||RT48 .D36 2016
|Transcultural nursing: assessment & intervention
||RT86.54 .G549 2017
|Cultural diversity in health and illness
||RA418.5 .T73 S64 2017
|Nursing diagnosis handbook : an evidence-based guide to planning
||RT48.6 .A35 2017
|Nursing care plans : diagnoses, interventions, and outcomes
||RT49 .N87 2014
|Nursing care plans: transitional patient and family centered
||RT49 .C37 2017
|Saunders 2016-2017 strategies for test success : passing nursing
school and the NCLEX exam
||RT55 .S4875 2016
|All-in-one nursing care planning resource : medical-surgical,
pediatric, maternity, and psychiatric-mental health
||RT49 .A45 2016
|The nurse, the math, the meds: drug calculations using
||RS57 .J56 2015
|Pathophysiology made incredibly visual!
||RB113 .P3637 2017
|Medical-surgical nursing made incredibly easy!
||RT51 .M436 2017
|Nursing today: transitions and trends
||RT82 .N874 2018
|Essentials of psychiatric mental health nursing
||RC440 .T689 2017
|Nursing diagnosis: application to clinical practice
||RT48.6 .C39 2017
Shelf Locations (Library of Congress)
- RC - Diseases
- RG - Obstetrics
- RJ - Pediatrics
- RT - Nursing (care plans in this area)
Suggested Subject Search Terms:
- nursing care plans
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
General Health Websites:
MEDLINEplus: Easy-to-understand resource on various diseases and health
topics for the public. Includes information from MEDLINE, links to self-help
groups, health organizations, medical dictionaries, and clinical trials,
American Nurses Association: http://www.nursingworld.org.
Nursing World: Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, http://www.nursingworld.org/ojin/.
Nursing Center.Com: http://www.nursingcenter.com.
National League for Nursing: http://www.nln.org.
South Carolina Board of Nursing: (Part of South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation), http://www.llr.state.sc.us/pol/nursing.
Transcultural Nursing Society: http://www.tcns.org.
Diversity Rx: http://www.diversityrx.org/html/divrx.htm.
American Medical Association: http://www.ama-assn.org/ama
Back to Top
Find Citation Help (APA)...
SCC's APA Guide
This page has numerous resources to help you with using APA format, including: a guide to creating references, in-text citations, and setting up the format of your APA
headers in Microsoft Word. There are also links to some basic APA information
Back to Top
- Proquest Nursing & Allied Health Source: Videos
- Browse the many health-related training videos in this Proquest database.
Back to Top
NCLEX Practice Exams
Practice tests and reviews for the NCLEX-RN exam are available to SCC students through the LearningExpress Library. See below for access directions:
- Open the
- If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to log in with your Portal username and password
- You should then see the LearningExpress Library homepage
- If this is your first time, you'll need to register yourself. Click "Register" at the bottom.
If not, log in as a returning user.
- If registering, create a username and password for yourself. You may use the same username and password for the Portal if you want. You'll also need to enter your email address.
- Confirm your information to complete your registration. From now on, you'll
be able to log in under "returning user" when you come to this site.
- Now click on "Jobs and Careers" from the menu on the left.
- Click "Nursing and Allied Health"
- Click "Licensure and Certification Test Preparation"
- Scroll down the list until you see the practice tests and reviews for "NCLEX-RN" (WARNING: don't click the NCLEX-PN!!)
- Click "Add to My Center" next to the test you want to take.
- Then you can click "Start this test now" in the top-right corner or you can go back and browse for more tests.
- At any time, you can click the "My Center" link in the very top-right corner to see which tests you have added and/or take these tests.
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top