>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Medical Lab Technician
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
Consumer Health Complete (EBSCO)
- Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full-text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, men & women's health, etc.
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL,
MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- See all Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Current medical diagnosis and treatment
||RC71 .C87 2016
|Davis's comprehensive handbook of laboratory and diagnostic
||RB 38.2 S37 2013
|Mosby's manual of diagnostic and laboratory tests
||RB38.2 .P34 2014
|Manual of clinical microbiology
||QR46 .M425 2 vols.
|Mosby's diagnostic and laboratory test reference
||RB32.2 .P337 2015
|Brunner & Suddarth's handbook of laboratory and diagnostic tests
||RT41 .T46 2014
|Henry's clinical diagnosis and management by laboratory methods
||RB37 .C54 2017
|Diagnostic medical parasitology
||QR255 .G37 2016
|Textbook of diagnostic microbiology
||QR67 .T49 2015
|Ferri's best test : a practical guide to clinical laboratory
medicine and diagnostic imaging
||RB38.2 .F47 2015
|Laboratory medicine : the diagnosis of disease in the clinical
||RB37 .L297 2014
|Clinical parasitology : a practical approach
||QR255 .Z45 2013
||QR251 .B47 2013
|Parasitology for medical and clinical
||RC119 .R52 2012
Click to view E-Book
*Parasites -- Suggested subject terms: parasitic diseases, diagnosis, urinalysis, parasitology, laboratory--techniques
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- eBrary (Proquest)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) -- completely electronic
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
Spartanburg Community College Library General Health Websites Handout:
Lab Training and Competency Assessment: http://www.medtraining.org
American Association of Blood Banks: http://www.aabb.org
American Society for Clinical Pathology: http://www.ascp.org
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science: http://www.ascls.org
Blood: Journal of the American Society of Hematology: http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/
CDC: Division of Parasitic Diseases: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/index.htm
Clinical Laboratory Science Internet Resources: https://www.lib.umn.edu/indexes/moreinfo?id=4739
DPDx: Laboratory Identification of Parasites of Public Health Concern: http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS): http://naacls.org
Hematology and Immunology Sites
American Society for Hematology: http://www.hematology.org
Annals of Hematology Online: http://link.springer.com/journal/277
International Immunology On-line Journal: https://academic.oup.com/intimm
The Immunology Link Home Page: http://www.immunologylink.com
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top