>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: EMT/Paramedic - General Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- See ALL Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Advanced emergency care and transportation of the sick and injured 2nd ed.
|RC86.7 .I563 2012
|Emergency care 13th ed.
|RC86.7 .B68 2016
|Pharmacology for the EMS provider
||RM300 .B38 2016
|Barron's EMT : emergency medical technician exam
|RC86.9 .C426 2015
|EMR complete : a worktext
|RC86.7 .L5595 2014
|Magico-religious groups and ritualistic activities : a guide for first responders
||BL65 .M2 K35 2008
|First responder's guide to abnormal psychology : applications for police, firefighters, and rescue personnel
||RC480.6 .D67 2007
|Mosby's Medical Dictionary
||Reference or Reserves
||ask at desk
|Professional Guide to Signs and Symptoms 6th Edition
||RC69 .P77 2011
Browse Books on 'Emergency Medical Technicians'
Browse Books on 'Emergency Medicine'
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
MEDLINEplus: Easy-to-understand resource on various diseases and health topics for the public. Includes information from MEDLINE, links to self-help groups, health organizations, medical dictionaries, and clinical trials, http://medlineplus.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/.
National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians: http://www.naemt.org.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: http://www.ems.gov.
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians: http://www.nremt.org
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top