>> Library Homepage >>
Research Guide: Digital Design - General Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Gale Power Search (previously Gale Database Articles or Gale Full Database List)
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- A good place to search for almost any topic - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results)
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File).
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.) Collection.
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
- Computer Source
- Be sure to check the "Full-Text" box before you search.
- Provides researchers with the latest information and current trends in high technology.
- Offers full text for nearly 300 publications and indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications.
Back to Top
|AIGA Professional Practices in Graphic Design||Stacks||NC 1001.6 .A44 2008
|Graphic design school : the principles and practice of graphic design
||Stacks||NC845 .D33 2014
|Complete Digital Photography 6th ed.||Stacks||TR 267 .L66 2012
|The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers||
Stacks||TR 267.5 .A33 K45 2011
|Creative anarchy : how to break the rules of graphic design for creative
Stacks||NC998 .B67 2014
|Stop stealing sheep & find out how type works ||
Stacks||Z250 .S738 2014
|Copyright for the Rest of Us: A Guide for People Who are Not Lawyers||E-Book||Click here to view E-Book
Suggested Subject Terms:
- computer graphics, graphic arts, image processing,
or digital design
Call Number Range
- NC 997-1003 (Commercial Art)
- TR 1-1050 (Photography)
- Z242.9-264.5 (Practical Printing)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
Layers Magazine (Adobe): The How-to Magazine for Everything Adobe, http://www.layersmagazine.com
HOW Design Magazine: HOW strives to serve the business, technological and creative needs of graphic-design professionals with a practical mix of essential business information, up-to-date technological tips, the creative whys and hows behind noteworthy projects, and profiles of professionals who are influencing design.
Printing Industries of America: Printing Industries of America, http://www.printing.org
Pantone Color, products, and guides for accurate color communication, http://www.pantone.com
Beautiful graphics and animation, http://www.commarts.com/gallery
Clip art searcher, http://webplaces.com
Top 20 Free: links to free graphic art, http://www.top20free.com
Ender-Design: Computer graphics sites. Images in the archive are available to the public. Click on "Realm Graphics Archive.", http://www.ender-design.com/
Copyright for the Rest of Us: A guide for people who are not lawyers: A short, easy to understand e-book on copyright, http://escholarshare.drake.edu/handle/2092/1591
The United States Copyright Office: Good basic copyright information, http://www.loc.gov/copyright/
U.S. Trademark and Patent Office: Trademark and patent information, http://www.uspto.gov
Cyberbee on Copyright: Basic copyright information geared towards children, http://www.cyberbee.com/cb_copyright.htm
Kuester Law: Patent, copyright law; award winning site, http://www.kuesterlaw.com
Music Copyright Infringement Resource: http://www.ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/law/library
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top