>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Automotive/Ford Asset - General Resources
Diagnostic/Repair Databases ...
- Find electronic diagnostic and repair information and services for the automotive service industry.
- Manufacturer Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) and recalls updated daily.
- OEM wiring diagrams with connector, ground, power distribution and splice locations.
- Maintenance tables - view service interval data on one screen.
- Automatic repair information updates.
- Mitchell 1 OnDemand 5 [On Campus Use Only]
- Automotive repair, technical service bulletins and supporting graphics on over 16,000 vehicles.
- Automotive Repair Reference Center
- Contains repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. New repair procedures, TSBs and updates are added to the product on a regular basis.
Back to Top
Research Databases ...
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- A good place to search for almost any topic - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results)
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File).
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.) Collection.
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
Back to Top
|Principles of electricity and electronics for the automotive
||TL272 .C53 2010
|Automotive wiring and electrical systems
||TL272 .C36 2009
|Automotive service : inspection, maintenance, repair
||TL152 .G516 2012
|Automotive technology for general service technicians
||TL152 .H1675 2008
|Modern automotive technology
||TL146 .D84 2014
|Automotive electricity & electronics
||TL272 .H63 2015 2 vols.
Example Subject Terms: automobiles
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
ASE Test Prep...
- Automobile Test (4th ed.) - Stacks, TL152 .A7977 2006 A1
- Motor Age training : self-study guides for ASE certification - Stacks, TL157 .P3 M68 2006 A1
Back to Top
North American Council of Automotive Teachers: http://www.nacat.com
Popular Mechanics Magazine: This is the automotive page of the popular magazine, http://popularmechanics.com/cars/
Occupation and Safety Health Administration: http://www.osha.gov
Environmental Protection Agency: missions measurement, data and compliance reports, http://www.epa.gov
How Stuff Works: Explains hundreds of subjects, from car engines to lock-picking, in clear language with many illustrations, http://www.howstuffworks.com/index.htm
Carcare.com: Helps consumers play an active role in vehicle maintenance by providing information on auto parts, accessories, and repair, http://carcare.org
Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE): Aims to improve the quality of vehicle maintenance through the testing and certification of repair and service professionals, http://www.ase.com
Automotive Service Association (ASA): Provides information for owners and managers of mechanical, transmission, and collision shops, http://asashop.org/
International Automotive Technicians' Network (IATN): Presents a forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience among professional automotive technologists, http://www.iatn.net/
Auto Glossary: Defines over 10,000 acronyms, abbreviations, classic and contemporary terms, and jargon from all automotive areas, http://www.autoglossary.com/
The Mobile Air Conditioning Society (MACS): Serves the mobile air conditioning and engine cooling/ heat transfer industry, http://www.macsw.org/
CCAR - Green Link: Provides technicians with easy-to-use environmental compliance assistance and pollution prevention information and refers users to sources of state and local regulatory information, http://www.ccar-greenlink.org/
SAE: Contains information on standards development and the expertise used in designing, building, maintaining, and operating self-propelled vehicles for use on land, sea, or air. Site of an 84,000 member technical society, http://www.sae.org/servlets/index
Autonerdz: Introduces proven, field tested techniques and strategies developed by an automotive diagnostic training and consulting service, http://www.autonerdz.com/
Auto Jobs: A great source for people seeking jobs in the automotive industry, http://autojobs.com
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top