>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Sociology 101 - Book Report
Typical Sociology 101 Guidelines
Note: Please check with your instructor for your specific requirements
- Has to be a non-fiction book on a social issue
- Book has to be more than 180 pages
- Book cannot be more than 20 years old (or instructor approved)
Sometimes the easiest way to find a book is to browse the shelves. Check out the "Stacks" (back of the library) in the HM
- HV's for books on social issues. See table below.
|HN||Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform|
|HQ||The family. Marriage. Women|
|HS||Societies: secret, benevolent, etc|
|HT||Communities. Classes. Race|
|HV||Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology|
Search the catalog (below) for a specific title, author, or topic that you are interested in:
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top