>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Reading 100 - Book Report
Typical Reading 100 Guidelines
NOTE: Please check with your instructor for your specific requirements
- at least 200 pages
- no biographies or autobiographies
- no books that have been made into movies
- no "How To" books
- no titles from high school reading lists
Watch our Quick Tips Video to get started.
The SCC Library has put
"Blue Dots" (stickers) on books in the Popular Fiction that we think are good for Reading 100. However, it is always up to you, the student, to check with your teacher to make sure the book meets the assignment requirements.
If you don't have a book in mind, browse some of the categories below:
If you have a book in mind, search for it in the catalog:
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us using the form on our homepage (http://library.sccsc.edu) and we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Normal Reference Desk Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am - 9pm, Fri 7:30am - 1:30pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Reference Desk Phone Number: Main-Spartanburg Campus (864) 592-4654, Cherokee Campus (864) 206-2656, Tyger River Campus (864) 592-6220
Back to Top