>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Psychology - General Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
Off Campus Access: username is your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Contains full-text journals. Covers information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
- Gale Power Search (previously Gale Database Articles or Gale Full Database List)
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- A good place to search for almost any topic - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results)
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File).
- Academic Search Premier
- Search many different topics - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Gale Biography in Context
- Researching a Person? This is a fantastic place to find lots of information about famous people.
- Begin by entering a name into the search box
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Reference, Magazines & News, etc.
[Back to Top]
|Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders : DSM-5
||RC455.2.C4 D54 2013
|DSM-5 Clinical Cases
||RC473 .D54 D76 2014
|Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders
||RC 489 .B4 C584 2014
|The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science
||BF31 .E52 2010 4 Vols.
|Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology
|Encyclopedia of Mental Health
|| RC 437 .K38 2008
|Great Psychologists and Their Times
||BF 109 .A1 S56 2002
|Classic Experiments in Psychology
||BF 198.7 M817 2004
Example Subject Terms: psychology, obsessive compulsive disorder, etc.
Call Number Range:
- BF (Psychology)
- RC 435-571 (Psychiatry)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
The American Psychological Association (APA): scientific and professional organization that represents psychologists in the United States, http://www.apa.org/.
National Institute of Mental Health: http://www.nimh.nih.gov.
Psychology Journals Online (some full text): http://psych.hanover.edu/Krantz/journal.html.
American Counseling Association: http://www.counseling.org.
Society for Clinical Psychology: http://www.apa.org/divisions/div12/aboutcp.html
[Back to Top]
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top