>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Psychology 201 Book Report
Most of the books on the reading list are available as an
eBook and the library has a print copy as well. You can search for the title in
the library's eBook database or the library catalog (for the print copy) or use
the links below to get directly to the eBook.
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- eBrary (Proquest)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) -- completely electronic
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
How to Download an eBook to Your Smartphone, Tablet,
You will need the following:
- An Adobe ID username and password
- Bluefire reader App (free) on your device
- EBSCOHost account for the eBook Collection database
Getting Started is as easy as 1 2 3:
To download an eBook to Your Smartphone or Table:
- Adobe ID: To create an Adobe ID, go to
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/ and then tap/click on "Create
an Adobe Account."
- Bluefire App: To download the Bluefire reader, go to
http://www.bluefirereader.com and click/tap on
either "Download BFR for Apple iOS" or "Download BFR for Android." After
downloading Bluefire, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID before you
can download and read eBooks to your device.
- EBSCOHost Account: To create an EBSCOHost account, go
to the EBSCO
eBook Collection database. If you are off-campus you will need to log in
with your portal username/password. Once in the database, click on "Sign in"
then "create a new account." Enter the information and click on "Save
- Go to the EBSCO
eBook Collection database.
Note: If you are off-campus, you will need to login with your portal
password and ID.
- Search for a book, then tap the eBook's image in the result list.
- This should take you to the "detailed record."
- Tap the "Download (Offline)" link for the eBook you would like to
- If you haven't already logged into EBSCO, you will be prompted to do so.
- Tap the Checkout & Download button.
- Most eBooks have a one week checkout.
Note: Some titles may offer the option to download in PDF or ePub
format. ePub format allows you to adjust the text size using the settings of
your reader app.
- The eBook is added to the Checkout area of your My EBSCOhost
folder and begins to download to your device.
- Bluefire should automatically open and prompt you to view your library
or begin reading the eBook. Note: if you haven't already authorized Bluefire
with your Adobe ID, you will be prompted to do so and then the book will
To download an eBook to Your Nook or Other eReader:
Have a Nook or other eReader? Go to
for video instructions.
Kindle or Kindle Fire?
Right now eBooks cannot be downloaded to Kindles, but hopefully this will
change. If you have a Kindle Fire, go to
http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158 for instructions on how to
download the Bluefire reader. Just be aware that Amazon does not assume
responsibility to any damage to your Kindle caused by third party apps.
[Back to Top]
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top