>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects >> Industrial
Research Guide: General Welding Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Associates Programs Source
- Contains full-text journals and books. Covers many technical and 2-year programs.
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- A good place to search for almost any topic - covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results)
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File).
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.).
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
- AWS Academic Access [Welding Standards]
- American Welding Society standards library. Contains all AWS electronic standards, specifications, methods and guidelines.
- Directions: If off-campus, log in with your portal username and password; then
students will need to select "University Users (Students)" as User Type and then
click "sign in." Faculty should get log in information from their
Back to Top
|Structural Welding Code
||TS227 .S87 2006
||TS280 .J41 2017
||TS227 .H597 2017
|Modern welding: complete coverage of the welding field in one easy-to-use volume!
||TS227 .W345 2013
|The art of welding
||TS227 .G223 2014
|Welding : principles and applications
||TS227 .J444 2017
Welding : Processes, Quality, and Applications
Joining : Understanding the Basics
Example Subject Terms: Welding; Solder and soldering; Brazing.
Call Number Range: TS 200-700 (Metal Manufactures/ Metalworking)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
American Welding Society: http://www.aws.org/w/a/
Welding Design and Fabrication: welding trade publication with some stories available on their website, http://weldingdesign.com/.
Welding Journal - Research: The Welding Journal has some free research papers, etc. on their website, http://www.aws.org/w/a/research/index.html.
American Machinist: has some free articles on their website, http://www.americanmachinist.com/default.aspx
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top