>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
>> Health Sciences
Research Guide: Pharmacy Technician Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full-text nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources.
- Health Source: Nursing & Academic Edition
- Scholarly full-text journals. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated daily.
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Full-text for nursing & allied health journals.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search all 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- Journal of Pharmacy Technology
- See all Health Science Databases
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
|Drug Facts and Comparisons
||RS250 .D78 2014
|Drug Information Handbook
||RM 301.12 .D784 2012
|Physicians' Desk Reference
||RS75 .P5 2015
|Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
||RS 91 .R45 2013 2 vols.
|Certification exam review for the pharmacy technician
||RS122.95 .C47 2016
|The pharmacy technician : a comprehensive approach
||RS122.95 .M654 2016
|Math for pharmacy technicians
||RS57 .Z46 2014
Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
|R121 .T18 2009
View E-Book (2005 ed.)
Browse Books on 'Pharmacy technicians'
More Book Titles
Example Subject Headings: drugs, pharmacy, pharmacology
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
American Association of Pharmacy Technicians: https://pharmacytechnician.com/
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: http://www.ashp.org/
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialists: http://www.bpsweb.org/
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research: http://www.fda.gov/cder
ClinicalTrials.gov: A resource of the National Institute of Health, http://www.clinicaltrials.gov
Drug Infonet: has link to "Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Information", http://www.druginfonet.com
Drug Topics - The Online Newsmagazine for Pharmacists: http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/
Food and Drug Administration (FDA): http://www.fda.gov
FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER): http://www.fda.gov
The Internet Drug Index: http://rxlist.com
Physician's Desk Reference: link to "Information for Consumers", http://www.pdr.net
National Institute of Drug Abuse: http://www.nida.nih.gov
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board: http://www.ptcb.org/
United States Pharmacopeia Convention: http://www.usp.org/
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top