>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Chemistry - General Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
Off Campus Access: username is
your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
EBSCO Science List
- Search 3 databases at once! Science Reference Center, GreenFile, and
Applied Science & Technology Full Text.
- Today's Science explains important developments in biology, chemistry, the
environment, space, physics, and technology. Updated weekly and containing
thousands of links to a 15-year back-file. Facts on File database.
Gale Science in Context
- Articles from over 200 magazines and academic journals and links to quality
[Back to Top]
|A Guide to the Elements
||QD 466. S78 2002
|The Rosen Comprehensive Dictionary of Chemistry
||QD5 R75 2008
|CRC Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
||QD65 H236 2008
|Leung's Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients Used in Food,
Drugs & Cosmetics
||QD 415. A25 L48 2010
|Laboratory safety for chemistry students
||QD51 .H55 2010
Example Subject Headings: chemistry, scientists
Call Number Range: QD (General Chemistry)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
[Back to Top]
American Chemical Society: The world's largest scientific society. Latest news about chemistry meetings, journals, business, education, environment , food and agriculture, health and medicine, materials and technology. Not really good for researching (nothing free full-text), but very useful to a professional, http://www.acs.org/.
Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology: Open access journal, peer-reviewed journal, http://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjnano/home/home.htm.
Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry (BJOC): Open access journal, peer-reviewed journal, http://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjoc/home/home.htm.
[Back to Top]
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top