>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: Business - General Resources
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
Off Campus Access: username is
your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
- (Note: Off-campus access for this database
may require an additional username and password. Please contact the SCC Library. Off-campus access is only available to SCC faculty, staff, and students, so please have your SCC ID number available).
- Comprehensive company database featuring over 43,000 companies. Executive
profiles, detailed company fact sheets with financials and more.
Business Insights: Essentials
- Company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company
histories, chronologies and periodicals.
EBSCO Business Databases
- Search 3 databases at once! Business Source Premier, Academic Search Premier, Regional Business News. Scholarly business journals and other sources, including 1,125 peer-reviewed
Small Business Reference Center
- Offers a wide variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas, common business types, a help and advice section, and provides information on how to create business plans that lead to successful funding. Includes videos interviewing business owners, as well as state specific resources.
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.) Collection.
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
[Back to Top]
|Black's Law Dictionary
||KF156 .B53 2014
|Introduction to business law
||KF390.B84 B43 2013
|Grievance Guide, 13th Ed.
|| HD6972.5 .G74 2012 (Labor Law information)
|Start Your Own Business
|How to Start A Business in South Carolina
|Encyclopedia of American business
||HF3021 .E53 2011 2 vols.
|Code of laws of South Carolina
||KFS1830 1976 .A2 BDR24
Example Subject Headings: accounting, business, commercial law or business law
Call Number Range
- HF 5601-5689 (Accounting)
- HF 5001-6182 (General Business)
- KF (Law)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
[Back to Top]
Federal Government Agencies:
**Business.gov: "helps small businesses understand their legal requirements and locate government services from federal, state and local agencies. Business.gov is an official site of the U.S. Small Business Administration."
Small Business Administration: Small Business Planner
U.S. Dept. of Labor
OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration)
IRS (Internal Revenue Service) - Business Section
Dept. of Commerce: see various bureaus under their jurisdiction such as the International Trade Administration (ITA), the Economic Development Administration (EDA), the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), and many more.
EEOC - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
See all Executive branch agencies: USA.gov.
Code of Law -- read the laws themselves...
SC Code of Laws: provides searchable access to the
South Carolina Code of Laws. Some changes may take place immediately during any sitting of the
South Carolina Legislature.
USA.gov: Federal Laws & Regulations
Other Helpful Websites:
FindLaw.com: provides legal information for legal professionals, businesses and general public.
LawCrawler.com: Search engine for finding general legal information.
EEOLaw.com: Public service site with links to
United States and state resources for Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
National Labor Relations Board
[Back to Top]
Find Citation Help...
Our MLA Guide and APA Guide have more help on citations.
[Back to Top]
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top