>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: HIM 141 - Health Law Research
|Bioethics : health care law and ethics
||KF3821 .A7 B56 2004
|Cultural diversity in health and illness
||RA418.5 .T73 S64 2009
|Health care fraud and abuse : practical perspectives
||KF3605 .H43 2007
|Health care law & ethics
||KF3821 .H35 2007
|HIPAA plain and simple : after the final rule
||R728 .H37 2014
|HIPAA policies & procedures desk reference
||KF1183 .H83 2003
|Legal and ethical essentials of health care administration
||KF3821 .P694 2014
Suggested Subject Headings -- to search in catalog
- medical office, patient care, medical records, medical care, law,
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
Off Campus Access: username is your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
- EBSCO Health Databases
- Search ALL 4 of the EBSCO health databases at once! These include Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Health Source: Consumer Edition.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module (Gale)
- Encyclopedia, dictionary, drug index, magazine articles.
- Gale Power Search
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
Back to Top
AIShealth.com: Specialized Business Information for Health Care Managers, http://aishealth.com
American Medical Association: http://www.ama-assn.org
American Health Information Management Association: http://www.ahima.org
Professional Association of Health Care Office Management: http://www.pahcom.com
South Carolina Medical Association:
Health Lawyers Association: http://www.healthlawyers.org
Electronic Privacy Information Center--Medical Records: http://www.epic.org/privacy/medical
United States Department of Health and Human Services: http://www.hhs.gov
TAF: Tax Payers Against Fraud: False Claims Act Legal Center, http://www.taf.org
National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association: http://www.nhcaa.org
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): http://www.cms.gov
Association of American Medical Colleges: http://www.aamc.org
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top