>> Library Homepage >> All Subjects
Research Guide: General AOT Resources
|Business: The Ultimate Resource
||HD38.15 .B878 2006
|Administrative Assistant's and Secretary's Handbook
||HF5547.5 .S8163 2008
|Gregg Reference Manual
||PE1479 .B87 S23 2011
|Complete Project Management Office Handbook
||HD69 .P75 H54 2004
|New Office Professional's Handbook
||HF5547.5 .P7 2001
Sample Subject Headings -- to search in catalog
- office management, office procedures, office practice, conflict management,
interpersonal communication, time management, clothing and dress
Call Number Range:
- HD 28-70 (Management)
- HF 5546-5548.6 (Office Management)
- HF 5548.4 (Computer Programs)
- HF 5717-5734.7 (Business Communication)
- TT 490-695 (Clothing and Dress)
- Library Catalog
- Find materials that are in the physical library.
- Primarily good for finding books.
- Books are usually about broader topics than articles, so you may need to broaden your search terms (ex- instead of "texting" perhaps search for "cell phone use").
- Books are not going to be as up-to-date as articles because they take longer to publish.
- See which library the book is located in, and what section.
- Be sure to write down the book's call number!
- eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Search the full-text (every word on every page) of over 120,000 books - completely electronic
- E-Book Hint:: On the search page, check the box "Also search within the full text of the articles" to search within the text of the book to get more results.
- Note you can only print 10 pages at a time - only print out the important pages
- For citation information: click on "Detailed Record" in the left sidebar when viewing an e-book. You will need this information later on!
- Ebook Central (Proquest)
- Search entire books available online.
- Find More Books...
Back to Top
Find Articles (Databases)...
Start at the library's home page (http://library.sccsc.edu).
Off Campus Access: username is your Web ID (ex: absmith), and the password is your portal password.
- Gale Power Search (previously Gale Database Articles or Gale Full Database List)
- Search 12 different databases at once!
- Covers a wide range of subject areas
- Notice the different results links on the left on the search result page: Magazines, Academic Journals, etc. (each link is a different set of results).
- The most recent articles are listed first on the results page - check to make sure your article was published in the last five years!
- Note which database you article comes from - look for "From ______" on the search page (ex - From General One File). You will need this for your citation.
- Search 10 databases at once: Academic Search Premier, TOPICsearch,
MasterFILE Premier, Military & Government Collection, MAS Ultra - School Edition,
Vocational and Career Collection, Associates Programs Source,
Newspaper Source Plus, GreenFILE, and News (AP, UPI, etc.) Collection.
Find journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Millions of full-text articles,
many with images. Updated daily.
- Business Databases
Back to Top
Mapquest: maps and directions for any US location, http://www.mapquest.com/
Fodors: a good starting point for tourist information on a specific location, http://www.fodors.com/
Online Phone Books
AnyWho Online Directory: http://www.anywho.com
Big Book.com: http://www.bigbook.com
Yellow Pages.com: http://www.yellowpages.com
International Association of Administrative
Professionals (IAAP): http://www.iaap-hq.org/
Association for Legal Professionals:
CollegeGrad.com Interview Tips: http://www.collegegrad.com/intv/
Quintessential Careers Interview Tips: http://www.quintcareers.com/intvres.html
Back to Top
Ask-a-Librarian: Can't come to the library? Email us! And we'll get back to you a.s.a.p.
Library Hours: Click to view our regular library hours
Contact Us: Need to speak with a librarian? Call us!
Back to Top